Exclusive stone and marés villa built in 1530
For more contact information, please call us 917 822 322
The tower, in Marés Stone with square floor-plan, was built in 1530, and as a result of the attacks of the Turks was rebuilt in 1567. The villa has magnificent vaulted ceilings in polished Marés and it is an example of the towers of its period before the conquest of Alfonso III of Aragon to the Muslims. The house and its gardens have a special charm due to a beautiful love story between the historical Barbarossa and a young lady. You can read the story by clicking here.
It is located on the southern coast of the island of Menorca and with wonderful views to the sea; Binidalí Tower offers 680 m2, 5.000 2 of garden and 2 hectares of land. The villa is well-connected both to southern beaches (with turquoise and crystalline waters), which are 10 minutes far, and to Mahón airport, 10 minutes far as well.
The property has a main villa with 5 bedrooms and capacity for 10 people. Hermitage of San Nicolás, with a bedroom and capacity for 2 people and the little house of Marqués de Soroa, with a bedroom and capacity for 2 people. The villa also has air conditioning, WIFI and international TV.
In the outside there is a beautiful swimming pool and balconies with views to the sea to enjoy the Menorca magic nights. Chill out area to relax, barbecue, outside kitchen, football field, ecological vegetable garden and parking lot complete a wealth of comfort available to few.
Amongst the facilities the villa has an electrical supply as stated by the UE, its own well of potable water, ecological heater certified by pellet for heating and domestic water, a harvesting water tank to water aquatic plants to oxygenate water.
Characteristics of Tower Binidalí
- Angelitos bedroom: Double room with en-suite bathroom and built-in-closet
- Madmoiselle Livilú bedroom: Twin en suite room, built-in-closet and views to the swimming pool (not available this year).
- Sitting-dining room in the central section of the tower, Marés vaulted ceiling, French table for 10 people in galuchat cream colored.
- Library-sitting room
- Fully equipped kitchen of 50 m2 and pantry
- Great hall with rock floors and Marés vaulted ceilings
- Vaulted porch overlooking a landscaped courtyard with an old stone fountain
- Marés staircase from 1700 (it has never been modified)
- Barbarossa bedroom: King size bed, en suite bathroom and built-in-closets.
- Frida bedroom: Twin en suite room and built-in-closets.
- Tower bedroom: King size bed, attic and private access to the terrace of the tower, with outside bathroom.
- All the rooms have air conditioning
- Italian bed linen, with linen and Egyptian cotton
- Toweling good quality
- Three complete sets of towels per person
- Three complete sets of sheets for each bed.
- Double pillows per person
- Cotton mattress covers
- All the taps are made of brass with shower heads of 25 cm. which are sent every year to Madrid to be polished
- Italian and French table linens
- Crockery and cutlery are for 24 people
Characteristics of property
- Swimming pool
- Terraces overlooking to the sea
- Chill Out área
- BBQ, Menorca oven, fully equipped outside kitchen (fridge, dishwasher)
- Football field
- Ecological vegetable garden
- Parking lot
The original structure of the tower has been kept without modifying the measures of the rooms, and the bathrooms have been taken in the thickness of the walls, sometimes of 2 meters. Windows have not been opened in old structures.
The decoration of the villa goes hand in hand with the owner, mixing antique furniture with contemporary art, pictures of artists with paintings from 1800, antique French linens of Suzani and killims from Afghanistan with Menorca furniture. There is a collection of antique crystal bottles, a Modern Art collection (Tapies, Rapetti, Guzzoni di San Nicola) and a collection of contemporary art books. The terrace is decorated with iron French furniture and Mallorca fabric.
Inside the property there are two more buildings, of smaller dimensions, with capacity for two people each of them: Hermitage of San Nicolás and Villa of Marqués de Soroa.
The Hermitage of San Nicolas Master Room
- Nowadays it is a duplex apartment of 85 m2
- Double dressing room
- Bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower
- Separate bathroom
- Rest room in the first floor
- Double room with king size bed, bookcase and desk
- Air conditioning and ceiling fan
Villa of Marqués de Soroa
- Old cattle shed in Marés Stone restored with antique materials in 2001
- 65 m2 of mosaic floor
- 1 double room with king size bed, built-in closets
- Sitting room, dining room and fully equipped kitchen
- Italian bed and bath linen
- Collection of blue Arabic glasses
|Kind of house||Country house|
|Number of rooms||7|
*On site service included (Fully catered, maid, etc)
|Distance to beach||0.5 km.|
|Distance to closest town||0.3 km.|
|Distance to airport||0.3 km.|
Full-time personal service
The tower has a service team 3 hours per day 5 days a week, so that you don’t have to worry about anything during your holiday in Menorca. Bed sheets and towers will be changed once a week.
Every week the assistant puts fresh flowers in the house.
Check-in: from 2 pm
Check-out: 10 am
First payment of 35% as deposit upon reservation.
Second payment of 65% that will be maid 8 weeks before the arrival date.
Up to 8 weeks (40 natural days) before the arrival date: this cancellation will bring 10% to cover to cover administrative costs on reservation deposit paid.
If the total amount is not received on the agreed date the reservation will be automatically cancelled and the deposit will not be refunded.
For cancellations made after the 8 week period all amounts paid by the customer will be forfeited hitherto.